Home ┬╗ FAQs ┬╗ Huntsville ┬╗ Can We Draw Up Our Own Child Custody Agreements?

Can We Draw Up Our Own Child Custody Agreements?

In most cases, child custody and visitation schedules settle outside court. The parents agree on decision-making, primary parent responsibilities, and when the child or children will see the other parent. The courts generally accept this in Huntsville and throughout the state of Alabama.

You will want our experienced Huntsville family lawyers to write and review your custody agreement to protect your parental rights.

In a divorce or child custody dispute, these agreements will go into the court order approved by the judge to finalize the case. If you decide to modify them on your own after a previous agreement or court order, a Petition to Modify is a good idea. This officially alters the earlier court order to include the new agreement.

Scroll to Top